A friend of mine is cutting her son when he's born, without even doing ANY research. That poor baby, safe and sound in there, doesn't know what will hit him:(
I offered her info and help, she shut me down. Not a bad parent but not an informed one. When you dont inform yourself on the choices you make for your child, you can create scares, not just physical;)
peaceful parenting: My Beautiful Boy, I Am Sorry: "Please print my apologies. My beautiful boy, Evan, I am so sorry I did not learn more about circumcision befor..."
About Me
- Nurturing mummy
- Victoria, Australia
- Single mummy, who believes we should all strive to do our best in educating ourselves in choices we make on our childrens behalfs! Worried about how much the Western society are seperating themselves from what it is to be human. Ignoring what it is to be natural and trusting ourselves, and replacing it with our inventions and thinking we can outsmart nature. This is not the future I want for my children, Annabelle 3yrs and Lucy 1yr. Most of all Im passionate to get back to basics with pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is very close to me as I have a friend due in April and when I asked she yes and that's the way it was for them. There is no way I can offer advice because I know I would lose a dear friend over it. She does not know what she is having so I hope it's a girl. Oh the poor baby if it's a boy. How can we educate people when they want to know about it? Why is this the only thing that's not spoken about openly or new parents aren't willing to learn?
ReplyDeleteBe the mother of a son that she can turn to for advice. Be honest, she may just need info and advice.
ReplyDeleteThis is a fight we all seem so affraid of speaking about. I think we need to remember who the fight is for and why. You're not alone and our voice, for those that haven't got one, is getting louder:)