About Me

My photo
Victoria, Australia
Single mummy, who believes we should all strive to do our best in educating ourselves in choices we make on our childrens behalfs! Worried about how much the Western society are seperating themselves from what it is to be human. Ignoring what it is to be natural and trusting ourselves, and replacing it with our inventions and thinking we can outsmart nature. This is not the future I want for my children, Annabelle 3yrs and Lucy 1yr. Most of all Im passionate to get back to basics with pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Every doll comes with a bottle!

Arn't we just setting our girrls up to think wronge!!!! I was in the shops the other day and noticed EVERY baby doll came with a bottle!!!!!

I for one throw them out if a doll is given as a gift with a bottle.......

If we want breastfeeding numbers to rise we must stip this STUPID way of thinking about breasts. They're NOT sexual and we need to start that thinking early!

If a child plays with a doll, that child needs to be taught from a young age where human baby milk comes from.  So then its 'normal' and natural to the child as they grow, so hopefully as adults they laugh at the thought of feeding with a bottle!.....

 Im scared that boobs as the form of feeding a child is becoming foreign to little girls and 'bottles' are what they see as 'normal'.  FFS its scary!

6 comments:

  1. totally agree about that! God forbid the child actually tries to BF the doll!!! LOL, I know plenty of kids who do that. how NORMAL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *like*

    Agreed :D Brendan pretended to feed his ma whilst I fed Tristan, not only is that fantastic for developmental purposes but it normalises it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doll Isabell got given for Christmas last year never came with a bottle. It's a Baby Born.
    Even though I didn't breastfeed for a very long time, Isabell breastfeeds her dolls =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. never really thought about it...but its so true.
    loyz loves breastfeeding her favourite fluffy toy friend. This is why she LOVES summer so much because she can pull her dress strap down so easy and feed anywhere...including the playground like she did this morning! so cute!

    ReplyDelete