About Me

My photo
Victoria, Australia
Single mummy, who believes we should all strive to do our best in educating ourselves in choices we make on our childrens behalfs! Worried about how much the Western society are seperating themselves from what it is to be human. Ignoring what it is to be natural and trusting ourselves, and replacing it with our inventions and thinking we can outsmart nature. This is not the future I want for my children, Annabelle 3yrs and Lucy 1yr. Most of all Im passionate to get back to basics with pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Dont talk to me!

About childcare places! I DONT CARE!

Im not going to choose our country leader, based on how many more places she can create!  I wont be interested until they work out a way to help mothers/father, AT LEAST ONE, parent stay home.  I want to be supported in my choice to stay home!

We support women to the moon and back with going back to work, but do we even think of the poor mumma working her BUM off at home?

Im NOT saying we should all stay home, blah blah blah, but what I am saying is it needs to be equal support for women staying home and women working!

Also Im not sure but is it a massive new 'fad' to use care?  I dont know if it's good for the child or not, I just choose NOT to use it.
Im so sick of hearing "oh they should do a day at care". 
Oh, really? I can teach my children till a certain age (my own abilities restricts me) and I also can give them the 'socialization' so many people like to talk about.

They 'socialize' with me, there, and thats the way it will stay until kinder age.  And then, if they're not ready, I will not push, I will wait until they are READY.


Now this little vent is NOT against mumma's who use care.  This is a vent about me being treated as though Im from another world, because I dont use care.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I personally couldn't give a rats arse about childcare, though I do understand some people need it. I would like better support for stay at home parents and better support for breastfeeding mothers returning to work. When my daughter was still a baby, financially, I desperately needed to go back to work, but we struggled because there was no way I was going to stop breastfeeding her for it!
    Love the blog, Kass.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just it. Childcare is there for a reason, and yes it is needed sometimes. We live in a world that luckily can offer us to have children then pursue what we need/want to. What Im worried about is parents abusing this right. I dont think childcare is abuse but I do believe some parents abuse the right to childcare.

    And yes I agree, breastfeeding stats would be higher if better support was offerd, when mothers return to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im agreeing here! I work full time and use care, now 1 day a week but used to be 3. If there were more support from the goverment to stay at home I would not work the days DS was in care. The goverment gives me reduced child care fee's based on our imcome and we get 50% back of what we pay every 3 months. NOW if these benefits were made into something similar for SAHM's then they wouldn't need to bang on about child care places blah blah blah. There should be more to keep mum's home longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's it! There isn't really much choice for some mothers. There needs to be more thought put in from the government so there really is a 'choice'.

    ReplyDelete